Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
BHMCT is one of the most popular technical courses which provide 100% job guarantee which is equivalent to all other technical courses. This professional course, emphases adequate working knowledge and skills in candidate to do well in hospitality sector. This course not only provides theoretical knowledge but also provides practical knowledge with the help of both industrial and job training.
Job opportunities of the course:
- Hotel and catering institutions
- Hotel and tourism associations
- Hotel and restaurants management
- Catering departments of govt. and private organizations
- Institutional management
- Airline catering and cabin service
- Public relation offices etc.
Affiliation and Approval:
The course is affiliated to Dibrugarh University and approved by AICTE, Govt. of India
Specialization Area: The core subjects include in the program are Travel and Tourism, Housekeeping, Front Office Management, F&B Production and Bakery Confectionary, F&B Service and Bar Management
Duration: The total duration for BHMCT Course is 4 years. In the second year the students will be sent for industrial training of 6 months and in the 4th year they will be sent for job training 0f 6 months. Both the training is mandatory
1. Students who have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) in any discipline conducted by Assam Higher Secondary Education Council or any other recognized body/university securing 40% of marks will be eligible for admission in the first year of BHMCT Course.
2. For SC, ST, OBC including MOBC, student should have to pass Higher Secondary (10+2) in any discipline with minimum of 35% Marks.
3. Relaxation for SC,ST, and OBC including MOBC will mainly depend on the existing rules of the State Government.
Total Intake approved for the session 2019-20 : 45
Fee for the session 2019-20
Admission & Registration Fees: Rs.15,000/-
Semester Fees : Rs.35,000/-
1. Students who secured 60% and above in 10+2 (any discipline) and also physically fit and presentable as per the requirement of the industry will get the direct admission
2. Students who secured less than 60% and above the qualifying percentage will have to appear in personal interview conducted by NEIMS and if selected can take the admission